Congratulations, you are having a baby!
With all the changes that come with pregnancy, it is important to maintain a healthy body and mind. Prenatal yoga is a great way to do just that. Prenatal yoga creates a calm space where a mother can acknowledge the changes in her body and the presence of her baby.
Here are five benefits of prenatal yoga:
- It builds strength: During pregnancy the body experiences many changes. Stretching and grounding poses help to build strength, especially in the lower body.
- Creates balance: when pregnant, a woman’s center of gravity shifts. A focus on the asanas allows mommies to achieve balance both physically and emotionally.
- Focuses on breath work: in yoga, each breath is purposeful. Learning how to control ones breath is a great too to have during labor.
- Connecting with the baby: yoga allows you to slow down; connecting with yourself and the new life you are carrying.
- Better circulation: during pregnancy, the volume of blood in the body increases by about 50%. The asanas in prenatal yoga encourage better blood circulation which helps reduce swelling.
Join the 6 week prenatal yoga course and experience these benefits first hand.