“You are the bag. Secure yourself'”
This quote has been circulating on social media and It got me thinking. How often do we make ourselves top priority?
Looking back, I have realized I have always put myself last. I always found myself engulfed by the needs of others. I was too busy being the driven auditor, loving daughter, considerate sister and supportive friend that I forgot to be me.
So this year I decided to be good to me.
Every choice I make will be dedicated to securing the most important thing: me.
So with the new year, I have come up with five things I will do every day to put me first:
- Daily affirmations that highlight everything I am grateful for.
- Taking time out to nourish my mind and body.
- Write more. This includes posting more frequently to both blogs.
- Read more books. I have a self full of books waiting for me:)
- See the world: attend local events, travel, expose myself to other cultures.
This year I’m securing the bag.