Life is a continuous journey. The Crown Chakra embodies self-realization that comes with the balancing of the other six chakras.
The Crown Chakra teaches us that success and spirituality are not mutually exclusive. In order to fully evolve as an individual, one needs to expand beyond mental barriers and embrace various forms of wisdom and knowledge.
The Crown Chakra in short
Sanskrit name: Sahasrara
Location: Top/crown of head
Main Issue: Spirituality
When balanced: Ability to perceive and assimilate information, intelligent, thoughtful, spiritually connected
• Deficient: spiritual cynicism, learning difficulties, rigid belief system, apathy
• Excess: over intellectualization, spiritual addiction, confusion, disassociate from body
Physical manifestation: migraines, amnesia, cognitive delusions
Yoga pose*: Salamba Sirsasana (supported headstand pose)
Balancing the Crown Chakra
Balancing this chakra allows for infinite understanding of yourself and everything around you. Below are a few things you can do to bring about balance of the Crown Chakra:
- Use white bedding;
- Place a clear quartz on your bedside table;
- Use a vase of violets to decorate the dinner table; and
- Wear a gold bracelet/necklace/ring.
Imbalance didn’t happen over night, so balance won’t either. Be patient with yourself and balance will come.
*Note: Practicing of this asana, in conjunction with others, encourages the balance of this chakra.