Third Eye Chakra
The Third Eye Chakra is the source of intuition – when we know things that we find hard to rationalize.
Opening the Third Eye Chakra allows you to tap into limitless knowledge. It allows one to seek answers inwards and not from those surrounding us. Intuition acts as a reminder that you are more capable than you give yourself credit for.
The Third Eye Chakra in short
Sanskrit name: Ajna
Location: Above and between eyebrows
Main Issue: Intuition, wisdom
When balanced: Intuitive, perceptive, imaginative, good memory, good dream recall, able to visualize
• Deficient: Insensitivity, poor vision, poor memory, lack of imagination, difficulty visualizing, poor dream recall
• Excess: hallucinations, delusions, obsessions, difficulty concentrating, nightmares
Physical manifestation: headaches, vision problems
Yoga pose*: Balasana (child’s pose)
Balancing the Third Eye Chakra
Do not allow intellect to override your intuition. Below are a few things you can do to bring about balance of the Third Eye Chakra:
- Use indigo and various shades of purple to colour in a mandala;
- Place amethyst on your bedside table;
- Plant lavender in the garden; and
- Candle and candle holder to represent light.
Imbalance didn’t happen over night, so balance won’t either. Be patient with yourself and balance will come.
*Note: Practicing of this asana, in conjunction with others, encourages the balance of this chakra.
Interesting suggestion. I will have a look at the tool