The Solar Plexus Chakra is all about change and movement.
Fire is the element of the Solar Plexus Chakra. Fire is a transformational element; turning wood into warmth and metal into beautiful jewelry. The third chakra is all about power. It is not the power of control, but the power to acknowledge ones differences and embrace ones uniqueness. The Solar Plexus Chakra is about fully embracing the self.
The Solar Plexus Chakra in short
Sanskrit name: Manipura
Location: Between navel and base of sternum
Main Issue: Personal power, self will
When balanced: Responsible, reliable, balanced, good self-esteem, warmth in personality, confidence, sense of one’s personal power
• Deficient: low energy, weak will, easily manipulated, low self-esteem, passive, cold (physically or emotionally)
• Excess: overly aggressive, dominating, controlling, manipulative, power hungry, arrogant
Physical manifestation: digestive disorders, muscle spasms, chronic fatigue
Yoga pose*: Parivrtta Trikonasana (revolved triangle pose)
Balancing the Solar Plexus Chakra
This chakra is internally focused: cultivating the relationship with the self. Below are a few things you can do to bring about balance of the Solar Plexus Chakra:
- Add a yellow scarf to your outfit;
- Write yearly goals and objectives with a gold pen;
- Write positive affirmations on yellow post-it notes and place them around your office; and
- Place sunflowers your bedside table.
Imbalance didn’t happen over night, so balance won’t either. Be patient with yourself and balance will come.
*Note: Practicing of this asana, in conjunction with others, encourages the balance of this chakra.